Wednesday, November 24, 2010

On a 2010 Mustang GT Do I need to change tire pressure sensors everytime I get new tires?

I have to replace 2 of my tires . Do I need to get new sensors for the new tires?



How about if I buy stock tires and rims from a friend who has the same car..would I need to do any re-programming?





So confused.



Thanks!On a 2010 Mustang GT Do I need to change tire pressure sensors everytime I get new tires?Besides some idiot at the tire shop not knowing how to dismount a tire with pressure sensors in them, the only thing you should have to worry about is the battery in them running low, which shouldn't happen for several years.



There is no re-set procedure per-se, like on earlier systems. The receiver should get a reading within 2 minutes of driving your car at a minimum speed of 20 mph. The sensors from a similar car should work fine too.



Sounds like you don't have a copy of your Owner's Manual? You can download a PDF copy from Ford here;

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenance/o



The segment on TPMS starts on page 179.On a 2010 Mustang GT Do I need to change tire pressure sensors everytime I get new tires?Oh yeah, big time. And Ford doesn't even make their own. They're pretty standardized now, and made by several manufacturers. Schrader, Airtex, and so on, from many outlets. Even Amazon! Better luck this time.

Report Abuse

On a 2010 Mustang GT Do I need to change tire pressure sensors everytime I get new tires?No, you don't need to change the sensors everytime you get tires. the only time you need to change them is if they wear out (Not likely) or they break, in which case, you get the shop that broke them to replace them.On a 2010 Mustang GT Do I need to change tire pressure sensors everytime I get new tires?CONFUCIUS SAID WHEN CONFUSED THINK ABOUT THE FOLLOWING FACTS:



War doesn't determine who is right, war determines who is left.



Man who run in front of car get tired.



Man who run behind car get exhausted.



Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have!



Man who jumps off cliff, jumps to conclusion!



When called an idiot sometimes is better to be quiet, than open mouth and remove all doubt.



Everyone has a photographic memory, some people just don't have film!



Man with one chopstick go hungry.



Don't drink and park, accidents cause people.



NAH, THAT SEEMS TO HAVE HELPED YOU;)