Friday, June 3, 2011

How do I get a Security Bolt/nut off my wheel, so I can change my tire??

2001 Nissan Quest van, Has a nut key thing on every wheel. Had a blow out Two days ago, been whaling on it ever since. Need to get to work tomorrow, need to get it off. Obviously don't have tool. Can I buy tool? Can I rig something? There has to be a way to get it off!How do I get a Security Bolt/nut off my wheel, so I can change my tire??go to sears as for Hanson bolt extractor there expensive

but worth your money depend on who you buy it from

part # 54009 1/4%26quot; to 3/4%26quot;

part # 54125 3/4%26quot; to 1%26quot;How do I get a Security Bolt/nut off my wheel, so I can change my tire??go to the dealer, theyll have the lug key for u, though they may need to order it.How do I get a Security Bolt/nut off my wheel, so I can change my tire??Yes you can buy the tool from the dealership only or find someone that has the same style.How do I get a Security Bolt/nut off my wheel, so I can change my tire??Some times hammering on a socket that is a shade to small will do it. But faling that its a diamond tip drill bit.How do I get a Security Bolt/nut off my wheel, so I can change my tire??well if you dont have the ket what we do at the tire shop is a hammer and chisel..... and sometimes a torch and hey how many of the people you know has had they wheels stoleHow do I get a Security Bolt/nut off my wheel, so I can change my tire??Grindham has it pretty well knocked! Either find a socket that will be just a bit too small and drive it onto the nut and use steady force on a flex-handle (nothing sudden or jerky), or find a buddy that has a welder, and weld a regular nut onto the security nut, then use a regular wrench.How do I get a Security Bolt/nut off my wheel, so I can change my tire??If you have to have the car in a hurry, Call some of you local towing companies and explain the situation. They might be able to help you for a small feeHow do I get a Security Bolt/nut off my wheel, so I can change my tire??if it has the out side teath on the nut use an impact socket that almost fits but is too tight and hammer it on then use an impact wrench or a breaker bar as the lesser option and try removing it. impact sockets handle more presure and will be safer for you. spray a good break away fluid only at the base where the wheel nut meets the rim satay away fron where the socket will be on. good luckHow do I get a Security Bolt/nut off my wheel, so I can change my tire??there might be the correct socket in the glove box or with the spare tire tools in the trunk