Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How can a change my sleep patterns?

i'm a night person (as you can tell, since it's 1:00 am here) I've always been a night person, but this makes my lifestyle really hard.

i need to get up at 7:30 every morning and it KILLS me, all day i'm tired, and then around 8pm, BAM! i'm awake and ready to go, and i can't sleep until at least 11:30 or 12:00 at the earliest.

i've tried getting up early and exercising, but it doesn't work very well b/c i just don't wake up, even when i'm at the gym. i've had friends wake me up and talk to me and i don't remember any of the conversation, i'm just completely out of it.

how can i change my sleep patterns to be more alert in the morning and afternoon and more apt to want to sleep at an earlier time?How can a change my sleep patterns?I've been a night person all my life so when I was single I always got a graveyard shift. Mom always told me I couldn't sleep at night because I was afraid I'd miss something. lol!



When I had minor children I had to change my pattern. First off I began to take multi vitamins before I laid down to sleep. Don't know why it works but anytime I know I'm only going to get a few hrs. of sleep I take one %26amp; it's easier to wake up.



Then I got a really irritating alarm clock %26amp; set it across the room where I had to get up to turn it off. After awhile I automatically woke up before the alarm because I didn't want to hear it (yeah, it was that irritating) %26amp; if I didn't stay up it'd go off 10 minutes later.



Then while waiting for the coffee I'd take a few deep breathes, breathing slowly in %26amp; out. Then take another multivitamin if still sleepy.



At night when I'd want to go to bed earlier I'd take a warm lavender scented bath %26amp; make an egg or turkey sandwich. Once in bed I'd focus on the fan blades in the summer or a lava lamp when too cold %26amp; drift off w/o even realizing it.



I know what you mean by those second winds. There are certain times I know if I'm not in bed by that time I'll get one. But if I lay down too soon before it I'll get up in the middle of the night %26amp; can't get back to sleep.



The problem is you're waiting until utter exhaustion before going to bed thus a bomb could drop %26amp; you wouldn't know it. Pick a reasonable time, do the things I suggested %26amp; you will be able to sleep. During the day while you're up make a list of all you need to do the next day %26amp; before bed get your clothes for the next day set out. That way instead of rushing you can relax until you're fully awake. Cross the items off the list as they're accomplished so you don't have something on your mind to worry about at bedtime. Then relax yourself into sleep.



It takes a little work but it beats exhaustion.How can a change my sleep patterns?I know this will sound crazy, but I get off schedule a lot. The only thing that helps me is to stay up for like 2 days and then crash. To help me stay awake that long I use diet pills, caffeine and try to stay busy-away from home, that way I'm not tempted to nap.How can a change my sleep patterns?sleeping pills. yeah.How can a change my sleep patterns?You are not getting the proper nutrients in the food you eat. Eat lots of veggies, like leafy green lettuce, celery, cucumbers, broccoli, green beans, and also all other kinds of beans as well, as they are protein, peas, carrots, very limited amounts of pizza's, not junk food.

Stop all dairy products especially Milk, cheeses, ice-cream. It makes you sluggish. Very little amounts of burgers, hot dogs, and spaghetti.

Off white breads,bagels, eat some whole grain breads. Limit your potatoes, and bake them, NO fries, off sugars, off sodas,as they are stimulants, so are energy drinks. Limit caffeine drinks definitely do not drink them after your supper time.

Eat all berries, and other fruits between meals.



Now if you change your way of eating your body will be getting the nutrients it needs, however you should still have supplements to make up for the lack of minerals that you need.

You also should drink half your body weight in filtered water a day. Upon you rising in the morning immediately drink a large glass of real cold filtered water that gets your metabolism working right away.

You should drink half your weight in ounces of filtered water!

Make sure you eat a good breakfast, of Quick Quaker Oats, the kind you cook. This gives you the fiber you need to get your digestion working. Use a herbal sweetener called Stevia. Do not eat all those sugar coated cereals as they are not natural.

Anyway I know this sounds like a lot of work and changes but this is exactly what you need to do.. When you do something for 21 days it becomes a habit and it will get easier to do.

You also need to stop saying you are a night person and say instead, I am changing my ways. You frame your world by your words.

Now you can stuff yourself with chemicals and pharmeceuticals But this is only temporary, and you will become full of toxins which weakens your immune system, to fight against sicknesses.

If you have any questions email me at newbegin@shaw.caHow can a change my sleep patterns?i have no idea. but if you get a really good answer...please share. thanks.