Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I had a flat tire. How do I know if I damaged the wheel or rims?

The TPMS light came on. I was on the freeway, and couldn't get off for about 3-4 miles. I didn't know if the tire was just low or what. I got off and had a flat tire. I changed the tire and drove to a nearby Goodyear. I had a nail in the tire. They did fix the tire. But I've since read I shouldn't drive on a flat for more than half a mile or could damage wheel.

Does the fact they could fix the tire mean all is ok?I had a flat tire. How do I know if I damaged the wheel or rims?You may have had a slow leak and it finally gave out on you. Usually a nail will incur a slow leak and the tire will start going soft.

If you took it to a Goodyear dealer they would have more than likely checked the rim for damage. Usually a damaged rim will not keep air in your tire (uaually).

If you went that far on a %26quot;flat%26quot; you were probably losing air and not flat. It is almost impossible to drive any distance on a totally flat tire.

For safety and ease of mind you can drop into the dealership again and check it out with them. They will probably be more than happy to accomodate.I had a flat tire. How do I know if I damaged the wheel or rims?well if they fix it then it wasnt bad really im a tire guy my job depend on you and you depend on me to do it the best i can so im saying this for most tire guys if they throught it was bad they wouldnt have fix it they would have told you you needed a new tire and if the wheel was bad well it wouldnt have been able to be fix your fine ... you was just luckey next tiem pull over a wheel could cost you 1000 bucks and sometimes more never just keep driving pull to the rigfht best you can and far as you can and look and wait or fix itI had a flat tire. How do I know if I damaged the wheel or rims?If the rim is slightly damaged, it may make a funny sound or not balance right. I had that problem once before. It wasn't a big deal just irritating at times.