Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Auto Parts Store or Tire Changing Facility?

I am 17 years old currently training to be an automotive mechanic. I want to get two jobs this summer, I currently work at a place called Robeks right now, Im currently fired but they'll need me back in the summertime. I wasnt getting enough hours there anyway so it wasnt that disappointing. I only made about $14 a week with how slow we were. If I work at an auto parts store, ill learn a lot more about different parts. But if I work at a tire changing facility, ill be able to do the fun hands on work of changing tires and a little better pay, but im not gonna learn a lot more. Ill learn a little but nothing more than that. So I want your opinion on what I should do. Should I work for Tire Discounters or Advance Auto Parts?Auto Parts Store or Tire Changing Facility?Try the auto parts store because once your training is complete you'll have plenty of chances to get your hands dirty!Auto Parts Store or Tire Changing Facility?The auto parts place would be educating, yes. But, how much could you really learn? You will never really get a chance to install any parts or see what they look like while sitting in the vehicle. The tire changing place would be boring. No one likes changing tires. If I were you, I'd call around or ask around at some shops, see if any of them need a little help. Some places will hire 17+ kids looking for a summer job.