Friday, September 23, 2011

I have 20" chrome rims with keys that I misplace (lost). Yesterday the tire place could not change my tire.?

Do anyone know how to take off rims if you lost the keys too them? The tire place told me to go to Ford Dealership, but Ford said I have custom rims, they would not have the key to them. So I'm stuck with a flat. Any help?I have 20%26quot; chrome rims with keys that I misplace (lost). Yesterday the tire place could not change my tire.?Tire shops run into this all day long day in day out. I'm surprised they don't have a tool to do this. However their is risk they could damage the wheel and maybe that's why they don't want to chance it. How the hell people lose the keys to their wheel locks is beyond me. You are supposed to keep it with the spare tire jack. I have 20%26quot; chrome rims with keys that I misplace (lost). Yesterday the tire place could not change my tire.?Go to a Tire and Rim store, they could probably order u the part if u give them the rim size and ur type of car. Your car will be out of service till ur key comes in. Never try to unlock it without a key...u will mess up the bolt.

Report Abuse

I have 20%26quot; chrome rims with keys that I misplace (lost). Yesterday the tire place could not change my tire.?Call a locksmith, they can open the lock and make you a new key. I have 20%26quot; chrome rims with keys that I misplace (lost). Yesterday the tire place could not change my tire.?Go to a different tire place that has the tools to get the lock off. They'll have to destroy it, but you don't have the key anyway.





If there is room around the locking lugnut, they can put on an external remover. If not they can weld a new nut to it and use that to pull it off.



Either way it's a pain, and you'll probably end up paying extra for it.
  • lock file
  • whipped cream stiff
  •