Monday, September 19, 2011

Changing tires on Honda Accord - Can't get jack out from trunk!?

I'm trying to change my tires on my 96 Honda Accord. (I know perfectly well how to change a tire...) However, the jack in my trunk is like mounted to the inside of my interior trunk. Is there a special trick to get it out?

I wish I could describe it better...

If I open my trunk the jack is on the right side poking out of the inner layer of my car.

No I didn't put it there, it's one of those new jacks and I think my dad put it in there some how.Changing tires on Honda Accord - Can't get jack out from trunk!?Try rotating the eye hole of the jack. It is probably spead open just enough to hold it in place to keep it from rattling around.Changing tires on Honda Accord - Can't get jack out from trunk!?Usually there is a bolt or a nut ran through the jack that you have to loosen or remove to get it out.Changing tires on Honda Accord - Can't get jack out from trunk!?What the last guy said. Try rotating the screw counter-clockwise so that the jack would lower if it were on the ground.Changing tires on Honda Accord - Can't get jack out from trunk!?Welcome to the World of Honda Automobiles. I own a 96' Accord as well,the jack is only clipped into place(passenger side in front of the brake light housing)I will not use a manufacturers supplied jack under any circumstances.They are only marginally safe at best,even for Honda.When on a trip,I carry a small floor jack(it fits behind the rear seat,under the shelf)When you do finally get your jack out,clean it and oil it,check the spring clips that hold it in place for rust.Your Dad means well I'm sure,ask him whats the deal.Check the owners manual in glove box.It is full of useful info as well.