Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I need to ask my boss for a change in my shift for about 3 weeks. How can I do this best?

The reason for my request is because I have an exam for my masters admissions coming up in mid November. To get sufficient prep time, and to put me in the groove to take the exam, I prefer working from 8AM to 5PM. My usual shift schedules are 2PM-10PM and 10PM to 6 AM (night shift). These schedules leave me drained and tired. What I plan to suggest to my boss (who is in a different geographical location) is to allow me to come in the 8-5 shift for the 3 weeks prior to the exam.



What I want to know, is how best I can put this across to him, without him turning down my request? I feel there is no need for me to take leave off from work to prepare, but just a change in the shift would give me sufficient time in the evenings to study.



Any suggestions would be most appreciated.I need to ask my boss for a change in my shift for about 3 weeks. How can I do this best?Just tell your boss the true and exact reason of why would you change your shift. A boss will agree of what is good to his/her employees. Don't be afraid. Go on and ask your boss! :)I need to ask my boss for a change in my shift for about 3 weeks. How can I do this best?Be truthful with him. Explain to him about the upcoming exam, how important it is to you, and that rather than you requesting time off for this, that you are confident that working this other shift for only those 3 weeks would greatly enchance your studying capabilities without affecting your work productivity and that you are more than happy to go back to your normal working shifts once the three weeks are up.



If he is an understanding boss, he will/should allow this. Is when you start telling fibs/lies and get found out that it ruins your reputation with him.



Good luckI need to ask my boss for a change in my shift for about 3 weeks. How can I do this best?you are trying to better yourself in education and your boss should be able to understand this,just explain the way you did with the question you are asking on here!!seems to me that it is sufficiant enough for him to understand why you need a shift change. gl