Monday, September 19, 2011

Changing tires on a 2006 dodge neon sxt?

I went to rotate my tires on my 2006 dodge neon sxt, and when I got to the front passenger side tire, it wouldn't come off? Some people say there is a locking mechanism? Is this true? How do I unlock it? HELP!Changing tires on a 2006 dodge neon sxt?There is no such thing as a 2006 neon, they ended production in 2005. Oh and there is no locking mechanism either. The wheel is probably stuck to the brake rotor.Changing tires on a 2006 dodge neon sxt?Did you get all the lug nuts off? If so, then the aluminum wheel is just stick on the cast iron rotor. Put one of the lug nuts back on, take a block of wood, place it against that back of the rim, and hit it with a hammer. That should break it free. The only locks that I have seen are the wheel locks for lug nuts. I have never seen a lock that actually holds the rim to the car.Changing tires on a 2006 dodge neon sxt?the locking thing their talking about is if it has locking lug nuts on it,if all the nuts are off the wheel it will come off,its probably just stuck on it,kick one side of the tire and it will loosen up ,its just stuck.good luck.Changing tires on a 2006 dodge neon sxt?SPRAY SOME BP BLASTER ON THE HUB AND LET IT STAND THERE FOR AWHILE AND JUST KICK THE BOTTOM, ITS JUST STUCK ON WITH RUST.