Friday, September 23, 2011

How do you jack up a Honda Civic 2002 to work underneath?

I've had this same problem with all three of my cars, an 86 Accord, 2000 Civic and 2002 Civic HB. There are four jack points behind the front wheels and in front of the rear wheels for changing tires, but if you want to get under there you have to put the car on jack stands. So where do they go once you have one side up since I'm limited to the four points? I've been putting it on the little hook under there, beneath the engine, but that's just one point. Or maybe there's two hooks? My car's too low to drive up onto ramps.How do you jack up a Honda Civic 2002 to work underneath?My Honda CRV has the four points you talk about plus one point at back and one point at front that I can use a trolley floor jack and it will lift the front or back up balanced. The back one can sometimes be a way in and you can only get at it when you get down on hands and knees but front is usually under the bottom of rad or just ahead or behind it. My Nissan also had this as does my friend's Mazda so yours should as well. Check owner's manual for these points. I had a car that was too low as well for ramps , what I did was drive it up onto some wide wooden planks to raise it and then I could slide the ramps up to it without hitting the spoiler. good luck.How do you jack up a Honda Civic 2002 to work underneath?I'm talking about two planks of 2%26quot;x10%26quot; or 2%26quot;X12%26quot; pieces about 15%26quot;-18%26quot; long, Home Depot will cut these down to this length for you.

Report Abuse

How do you jack up a Honda Civic 2002 to work underneath?i agree with wheeler

Report Abuse